WooOoOoOOoOOOOOO..

2.5 years of Internet shopping and it is really fun (and scary sometimes).Well just cut the crap...

My P. brand headphones hinge failed after 2.5 years serving my ever waxy ears . Well it's time for it to Rest In Peace and get a newer pair of headphones. However I had a problem choosing a pair of headphones because I wanted something which could give me a really good sound without bothering my next door.

I remembered when I was at Bic Camera , I saw these RM 500 - RM 3000 headphones but I don't see any purpose because I'm not an audiophile.... and know nuts about audio stuff... However, what I want is a very good balance between the bass and treble.

Speaking of which, I started appreciating sound quality when I started driving the Toyota Harrier. Yes, people may say a Toyota wouldn't be that premium compared to a continental car... but in what terms ? Both are in different level of playing field. Of course many told me a merc is better to drive because they have an image... Yes they do... and I agree... The three pointed star, the engine note and the steering. From the old 80's 230E to 90's 230E and 190E and E220 till 00's E200K, the Mercedes' engine note has never changed. Even from far, one would know a Merc is coming...

Speaking about Japanese car, they are quiet.... really quiet...and pretty much the same and boring. You may turn on the engine, and you wouldnt realise the engine is on. On top of it, you will never know even if u hit 5000rpm ! - which the German counterpart would give an everlasting, sweet yet intrusive tone. You wouldn't want to hear the engine noise while driving for 4 hours from KL to Singapore... So the engine tune is only a short term excitement... 4 hours listening to the engine note is going to make you SLEEPY...Especially if you drive a car which is meant to be "luxury" or "premium"... (minusing supercars or sportscars).

SO, it is important to have a quiet drive... to avoid fatigue...

but WAIT !!!

A quiet drive would also be boring...So you'd get sleepy and eventually get into an opposite lane or perhaps into someone's farm. Therefore, mankind's greatest invention : Car Audio System... Besides listening to weather, forums and crappy talks... It is important to keep yourself in a relax mood or perhaps a lil more spirit when driving.... Therefore a GOOD CAR AUDIO SYSTEM is crucial....

but with it, you need a good sound insulation (from the engine, wind noise and road noise)... THat is where Japanese car companies have invested alot in.... sound INSULATION !!! In return, a good Audio system to enjoy a long journey drive back to Kampung or going to the east coast .

German cars... they may have good sound system but their level of sound insulation is not up to the Japanese level because they want the drivers to enjoy their cars through the engine note... crappy statement but why is the E class noisier than the Harrier ?

So, my advice... if you want a Philharmonic orchestra playing your choice of music without interference (obviously why ppl have to be quiet when they are at an auditorium) while enjoying a 4 hours drive or even a 1 hour drive without a single fatigue, GET A JAPANESE CAR !!!!

back to my post...

While searching for a good heaphone, I bumped into this Audio Technica ATH-A900 Headphone which costs 20,000 yen at BicCamera (100 pounds / RM 660). I wondered why it is soo expensive, so read some reviews about this headphone.... 5 stars, Highly recommended and etc... was the end result.... I took the plunge and bought it at 15,000 yen ( RM 498 or 75 pounds)...Through internet shopping

And..

It came !!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



The box was BIG... that I can fit my whole head in it....Koyaked (Tore) the parcel bag and...







JENG JENG JENG !!!!






VOILA !!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Oh god... the box alone is enough to make me drool....

Find ways to open up the box because it looked a lil too sophisticated for a simple person like me.... aaaah !!! BANTAI AJELAH !! (JUST WHACK IT !)




and




JENG JENG JENG !!!!




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The really BIG headphones looks soo upmarket... gold plated plugs, Oxygen Free Copper Wire @ covered in some high quality fabric which is not like those cheap vinyl insulators... And the Housing is made of Aluminum !!!

Played some songs and God.... there is a unique feeling when listening to music with this headphone...It makes almost all music sound soo good that even going to concerts can be a big turn down... However, like what the review says...It's not meant for rock musics.... =(

Anyway, now I think I need a good soundcard to fully utilise the performance of this headphones....


updated : Seems the only way to enjoy the music is to buy the original CD's.... mp3 would just potong stim....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»
Anonymous said…
Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Popular Posts