Squeeze !!! not pull !!!

Those childhood times where kids love to watch Arnold Schwarzenegger's movie like Terminator 2, Commando, Robocop and play those virtua cop games. I remember I'd wanted to be a police officer or a commando because I'd get to chase robbers (former) and use the firearms of choice (both). But, I decided not to become one because of the payroll.

I have been a fan of firearms from handguns of 9mm calibre to big ass tank destroying rounds. But I have never pulled the trigger till the year 1999, where a point which changed my hobby. In the beginning I was very skeptical about shooting as my father always said that it can make me fly to the back. So I didn't really bother about touching the handgun.

In mid 1999, I went to a shooting range in Sungai Buloh, where a shooting competition was held by a security company. That was when I pulled... oops... squeeze my 1st trigger... Yes, my 1st handgun was a Smith and Wesson Chief's Special .38 calibre snub nose handgun. And my 1st round of bullets were the standard .38 calibre lead head.

It was pretty scary to hear the gun shots as it was painfully deafening at close range. I mean a gun discharged in front of you is pretty deafening... You'd need ears of steel to bear the noise...

Since then, I got hooked with the aroma of gunpowder and my childhood interests turned into real hobby. I entered Selangor Shooting Association on that year. However I only managed to go for a session once in a blue moon.

Then in 2000, I'd started using Magnum rounds on the club's Smith and Wesson's 686 6 inch magnum. This was the first time I'd get to use a handgun which was my favourite and the only thing in mind was MAGNUM = POWER... and it is true.... Unlike the normal rounds the magnum doesnt poke the target... It makes a clean slice through the target paper. I mean a clean hole that is... However there were no more magnum bullets at the armoury, so I had to use the normal rounds instead.

In the same year, I used my 1st semi-automatic handgun. The Glock... Yes, that plastic handgun but it is pretty compact and easy to be brought around. Not to mention it fits 15 bullets... 3 times the capacity of the Revolver !!! I have been anti semi-auto handguns till I fired the Glock... Different shooting feel. It somewhat twists your wrist easily.

Now being in Japan, I'd rarely use a real gun.... Only when I got back to Malaysia, then I'd use it...

However, the advent of BBGun brought a huge impact. Yes, ud get to use those guns but they are replica which fires plastic bullets. Harmless if follow the safety procedure. So I started off with a Glock 26, and sold it off for a Sig Sauer P226. Ah ! The Sig was quite a meaty handgun and it suits my preference.... The Desert Eagle was a choice of hero's handgun but it is way too big for my palm and being inconvenient, I decided not to buy one. Maybe somewhere in the future perhaps ? as a Show Off handgun...

Now it has been 7 years and yet I haven't touched those competition airguns....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»
Anonymous said…
I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Popular Posts