New inventory uploaded

Almost a year plus I never had a single stuff added on my camera. I remembered the last stuff I bought for my camera was the external flash and it did a very good job. I'm loving it all the time.

Since I bought the camera, I wanted a wideangle lens but didn't really have the budget to buy, so instead got myself the usual Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 lens for overall above average user (closer to Professional). After a year usage, I'm very satisfied with the current lens but it still limits my creativity...

Last night just happened to talk to my friend, about what to buy next for photography. Lens ? EOS 40D ? Extra flashpack ? lil gizmos for the camera ? I was lost... I tried the new EOS 40D and the features in it meets my expectation, however it comes with a pricetag of 130,000 yen !!! ( RM 3900++). Plus it uses the APS-C sensor (which isn't the real 35mm film size sensor) so it's just going to be a technical upgrade.

What about wideangle lens ? Yup, I thought about it too but I want to bundle it with the new camera... But that adds up to more than 150,000 yen ( RM 4500 ++)... *Gulp* In Malaysia, I don't think I'll be able to afford one....

So the regular shop I visted suggested me to wait for 1/2 a year because possiblity the 1st batch of 40D might not be as good as expected. Cool... Can save some money for the 40D...

Now I have a dilemma, WHICH WIDEANGLE LENS TO BUY !!!

Tamron 11-18mm ? Sigma 12-24mm ? Tokina 12-24mm ? or Sigma 15mm EX DG Diagonal Fisheye ?

Trying to get the best wideangle possible so that I could get a good picture of landscape and architecture... Tried the Sigma 15mm EX DG Diagonal fisheye... it rocks !!! but lacks the flexibility. Sigma 12-24mm ...not too many good review about it.... Tamron 11-18mm ? Slow lens...

Never came across in my mind...

Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM lens.... Pretty pricey at 74,000 yen but is it worth the money ? HELL it costs MORE than the BODY !!! Ah screw it, it's worth the money because I'm going to fully utilise it... Benchmarked the Tamron, Sigma fisheye and the Canon... In the end I decided the Canon Lens....

KACCHHIIIIIINNNGG !!! MAIDO ARIGATOU GOZAIMASHITA....

there goes my 74,000 yen.... 


Went to Umeda for dinner at Subway sandwich

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The simple yet good looking camera box... I think part of that 74,000 yen goes to the box art ?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ahhhh... Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 lens

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So tried it on my dining table and see how it goes....

Worth the 74,000yen

So after had my dinner, on my way home, I just took some pictures of the nightlife in Umeda.... Images may be blur because I didn't have a tripod with me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Dojima Avanza - a place where you can find a good bookstore : Junkudo

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Opposite Osaka Ekimae building, pretty interesting sight...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A place where you buy branded stuff... (read : LOUIS VUITTON)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Another expensive shopping center - Hilton Hotel... Expensive place to be... Not for a poor guy like me...



Verdict : Is it worth the money ? PRAISE AND THANKS TO GOD.... IT IS !!!!

Comments

Pike-chan said…
ah~~~ how i miss Osaka...
琥珀 said…
congratz on ur new lenses~

the outdoor takes punya outcome, mmg cun giler!!!

Popular Posts