Looking back into the past

When we move forward, we need to look back once in a while as a reminder. Just like there is always a reason why a car has a rear view mirror. Without it, we don't know what is following us and may affect us in the future.

It can be loads of sadness, hatred, jealousy, distrust, and so on.... but by just moving forward without looking back, it would just be a barrier in life. Especially carrying the grudges from the adolescence world into the adult world. It is easy to deny it but it can be very difficult when it is dragged down to your own grave.

The reason why I post this online when one of my best friend, Zil passed me this Music Video Clip
Less than Jake - Rest of my life.

The music video started with a message written by a prominent Canadian poet , Alden Nowlan:

The day the child realizes all adults are imperfect, he becomes adolescent;
The day he forgives them, he becomes and adult.

and ends with ;

...the day the child forgives himself, he becomes wise.


I vaguely remembered my adolescent world, but thanks to Zil for pointing some stuff out, yes... now it just came up in my mind.

In the past I was kinda show off type of kid and had a fantasy over someone who doesn't exist.
Somewhat the brag-a-lot kid who is together with another 2-3 kids of the same kind. I too recalled saying someone I loved an "old textbook" and kept on saying "my time is different, your time is different". But in the end, it all boils down to the same thing. It could be true if the difference is of more than two centuries but not many live more than a century.

Luckily it was no regret of coming to Japan, which was a dream in my adolescence . But as I grow older, I realised it wasn't a pleasant past. Many hated me for being a cocky prefect in primary school, what not - a boasting one. And that dragged down to my secondary school life.

Things didn't tone down till I left for Japan. Even in A-levels, some friends turned foe and a foe remains as a foe. It can be so apolitical and racial at times but never to forget , that was in my adolescence period. Even my 1st year in Japan I was still somewhat like before I came. Only when I got into University, things changed.

What I boasted in the past - like showing off a brand new car or something, I just want to share with others and recommend what I have. Like my digital SLR camera. I didn't buy the camera to show off I got an SLR camera but rather to give recommendations to people who wants to buy one. I post pictures on my site not to show that I'M IN JAPAN!! HAHAHAHA! ! But to let readers who didn't have a chance to go overseas to experience how does it look like from an average Joe's lens. Of course it would be better from a professional photographer's page, but it is different.

Okay, once in a while I get a little "Narcissistic" on my images in MSN or Yahoo Messenger or Friendster but I've never intended to do so. To be frankly, I prefer to post my own stuff than taking other people's photo and dump it into my profile photos. That's just me.


I'd just like to thank to all of you for the support and spending precious time reading my junk. =P. It's never too late to change.

Here's the video, after the jump - worth viewing

Comments

Popular Posts