Wrapping things up

1300 hrs – Passed the Osakan turbulence

Now blogging off at 30,000 feet and currently seated at the rearmost seat. The weather in Osaka However is was cloudy, foggy and somehow rainy but gladly I managed to see the clear blue skies over the sea of clouds. Only one word I can describe about the clear skies up here, spectacular!
It is somewhat you’re in another world, another dimension where the thick clouds of various shapes and sizes mimics the land we live on and the clear blue skies. You see nothing above but blue skies and nothing below but thick white clouds.
Getting up there isn’t something easy after all as it is a little stormy when you pass through the clouds. The turbulent flow of air pushes makes you uncomfortable and unpleasant. But once you’ve reached to the top, the journey became silky smooth.


1433 hrs - closing into Philippines

The in-flight entertainment seems packed with a lot of punch. Not to mention great selection of movies (despite a little old) and music. Fast and Furious 3 : Tokyo Drift, Superman Returns, Pirates of the Caribbean 2 : Dead man’s chest, so on and so forth. As for music, I’m impressed they have Andrea Boccelli – Amore.

Back to movies, I chose to watch Superman returns…I understand that many doesn’t seemed to be impressed with the movie , the typical Marvel Comics Superman – saving the people from calamities.

Why?

Would you agree with me that Lois Lane just looks better and better? From Superman I (well I think LL looks good at its time), then the Tomorrow Never Dies’ Bond Girl as Lois Lane in Clark Kent and Lois Lane: Adventure of Superman… and now…. Kate Bosworth as the 21st century Lois Lane XD

Alright, me and my Lois Lane fetish… =P .But being frankly, I’ve always liked Lois Lane since the Superman TV series was out. Not just the looks but the somewhat the character and looks match. Hard to describe but I think I know what kind of woman I’m looking for.

Kate Bosworth, from what I read throughout the net, just another typical American blondie which doesn’t seem to impress me. Unlike in reality, she looks more suitable in a dark hair like in Superman Returns. Yup, she just looks like Siti Nurhaliza and my girlfriend (kana? まだ、できてーへんわ >_<). Now someone would have just said, Lufias has fetish over Siti Nurhaliza…. Well actually I’ve never been interested in younger girls because I spent most of my life till now with people who are years older than me.

15.30 – Hola ! Kota Kinabalu 

Finally I’ve officially reached Malaysia. Thought of calling Akiko just to know how are things going on but I didn’t have a single contact of her. Anyway, give her some time to take a good rest in this beautiful state. Plus it was my stupidity for not asking her contact…

The woman next to me was a first timer so it’s good to give her a helping hand on a few issues like currency exchange, transit procedure, and etc. Luckily she is kind enough to talk a little or something.

The Kota Kinabalu airport is rather small but I’m happy that the airport staff and the immigration officers are very friendly. Not like the “semenanjung” who treats foreigners like as if they owe the officers / staffs a huge sum of money. Interesting, that the Sabahan’s Malay is somewhat similar to Indonesian but well versed compared to the semenanjung who doesn’t really bother speaking proper Bahasa.

1 hour passed and it’s time to board the plane. Luckily I managed to have my prayers but I got to think how to deal with the night ones. Then some little 3rd world mentality comes into light. While walking towards the boarding counter, a guy of Indian nationality just barged into my line because he wants to board the plane first. Hey! Can’t you just line up you bloody old bloke! Doesn’t mean that you’re older, you have the privilege to barge into people’s line. Well obviously I just said it off discreetly “how rude, barging into people’s line.”

Now recalling what was written on Yahoo travel advisor about “mind your manners” in flight. Indeed sitting in a cramped economy class can be either an interesting one or a dreadful one.



1830 hrs – International Airspace in between Borneo and the Peninsular Malaysia

In local flight, it seems there is no in flight entertainment, so that makes it worse when mixed with a dreadful next door. Luckily I have this note book, preloaded with hundreds of mp3s to keep me entertained. But no game to keep me addicted so long. Instead,I might have to write all the way till I reached home. It’s cool testing the laptop’s battery performance as I’ve spent a little more on the 9 cell battery.

As the darkness is chasing us quickly, it seems it is difficult to chase the sun. I wonder what’s the velocity of the rotation of the earth? It’s creepy to see darknes chasing us so quick that eventually it will outrun us. Perhaps we need to beat the sound barrier in order to get in pace with the earth’s rotation.

Malaysian airspace - ETA 1940hrs

Looks like darkness have overtaken the plane. And now we're in the twilight region. Neither bright nor dark but as time passes, it gets darker and darker. Now recalling flow dynamics, I might have to understand the meaning of tail wind speed. Hmmm, sounds familiar but I totally lost it. 178 km to KLIA ... Ground speed V = 789kph tail wind speed 52 kph... Now got to check Yamamoto's lectures and how to identify whether it is a smooth flow or a turbulent flow. Anyhow, if it is turbulent flow, I think I would be getting airsick

Express Rail Link – 27 minutes to Kuala Lumpur Sentral

Finally I’ve set foot on my own homeland and will see the space and serenity of home. Of course one of my reasons coming back is because of Akiko. As a bonus, it would be Hari Raya Haji with her. I’d thank Allah for the safe journey and allowing me to meet my friend.

Dargh, Immigration path flooded with people. The autogate doesn’t seem to function but I realized that the main reason of the slow process is because there are people who don’t understand Bahasa Melayu despite being Malaysian. What the hell are you doing in Malaysia if you hold Malaysian passport but you don't understand simple Bahasa Melayu? I’m no perfecto in my own mother tongue but at least I can understand the basics at least. I guess that what lacks in Malaysia, too lenient on language.

Not to say I’m being very nationalistic but hell, if you don’t want to assimilate with the local community, might as well you just fly off to your own country. People are dying to be Malaysians and Malaysians themselves are taking things for granted.

Now on the train off to KL, and at the will of Allah, I shall return home safely. I think being mobile is the most important aspect in this current lifestyle. You can’t be at home all the time with the computer typing things down. Now with mobile laptops and ultra-portable laptops, you don’t need to have a workstation fixed at home.

2 days after arrival – Tired to the core

Seems wireless internet at home isn’t working as I hoped, “thanks” to the local internet provider for providing poor service at a premium price. I don’t doubt there are lots of complaints but ah well, as a monopolist, they don’t care…do they ?

Starbucks Bangsar Village - Conclusion for this last blog of the year 2006

Well I may vent my frustrations and distrust and perhaps ill feelings or whatever people may think about me, but I think I’ll roll it up this year and just forgive for what ever mistakes and nonsense I just said till just now.

Yr 2007 resolution

- a good health
- a good life
- being a little more pious as well as street smart
- lesser “bongkaks” and show offs and distrust
- being more optimistic and teamworking
- putting more effort on someone I love
- get full credits
- forget ill-hatred, past issues and grudges
- and finally ; being more thankful than ever ; but
- I think there are more yet to be said….

Comments

Pike-chan said…
tadaima!! akemashite omedetou gozaimasu !! ^_^

Popular Posts