Sannenzaka

Today supposed to be a day trip to Kyoto, the old capital of Japan. Pretty famous for their temples and shrines as well as autumn leaves scenery. Actual plan was to wake up before dawn and reach my 1st destination just before sunrise. But at God's will, it rained...Instead I decided to wake up later, and then realised I got a lot of housework to do - laundry. Supposed to be 5.16am departure delayed to 12.00pm Σ(>_<). In the end, I reached Kyoto's Kiyomizu-dera at one something and it was raining + crowded.

I knew it!

I thought of going to Sannenzaka (a traditional Kyoto pathway) instead , thinking that it would be less crowded. But, it was as crowded as Kiyomizudera. You can't really enjoy the scene because you'd be seeing people with umbrellas covering the traditional stone-path. Plus, the rain... (now worrying about fungus attack)

a begging monk

Path to a temple
A path to a temple, looks isolated but seems a lot of kaki-photo are roaming around this area

Then, I went to this shop selling pickled vegetables. Got some girls in traditional clothes at the counter promoting the shop's pickled vegetables, so thought of taking some pictures. Thought of taking the picture without buying, but I think isn't polite in my own lens.

Wrapping my pickled radish

Okay, ready to go

For that she charged me 1 yen less, but I declined because 1 yen makes a difference and I don't want her to get into trouble with the owner.

Nearby there is an entry to the shop's Traditional Japanese garden (which is opened to public). Spent some time taking photos but not many turned out good. Haih, all because of poor preparation

Momiji 1

Cute looking moss

Seems I can't go any further =(

So that's all for part one....

Comments

Yosou said…
I love the colors and the lighting of your pictures. They are very rich and filled with emotion of the moment. Thank you for sharing these lovely images.

Popular Posts