Jidousha menkyo

Aaaaahh finally got my Japanese driving license.... wheee ,now can start renting or buying my dream car here in Japan like

Photobucket

Z33 Fairlady or

Photobucket

Nissan Fuga or

Photobucket

Impreza WRC STi or

Photobucket

the R34 Skyline GTR V-Spec II / Mspec or

Photobucket

Honda S2000 or lastly

Photobucket

The R35 Nissan GTR

hehehehe... Well more likely neither one of these I'd be able to rent except for the Fairlady and the Fuga... But buy ? hmmm, we shall see....

Well as they said that a person who passes his driving test in Osaka can drive anywhere in Japan as they said Osaka is the hardest place to drive. Issit ? not KL ah ?? even my Italian friend told me, Rome is even harder and Osaka is just peanuts... so well let me try it out by renting a car here....

Well it is not necessary for me to drive in Osaka as public transportation is no. 1. BUT, I want to go out to the countryside, enjoy the fresh air and a good stopover in the middle of nowhere for a photography outing. That's one thing that nature photographers need, a car that gets them to a place that no train or bus passes like the trip to Miyazaki....

For those who wanted to take a Japanese driver's license, firstly you head to the nearest Japan Automotive Federation to get your drivers license translated into Japanese / English. They will do the process for you with a charge of a few thousand yen. Then you head to the Driving Exam Centre in your prefecture and make a "Gaimen kirikae" application.

The staff will then process your application and once completed ,you will do an eyesight test followed by a written test. The written test was rather easy but it is better for you to take note of the rules and regulation in Japan.

Once completed the written test, you will then book a time for the real driving test. In Osaka it would be Monday, Wednesday and Friday. However, my best recommendation is to go through a driving school before you take the exam. So please check for any driving school that have the course for examinees who wish to change to Japanese driving license.

Personal experience : Despite having 7 years of driving experience (not full 7 years though), there are bad habits which the instructor corrected me like placement of hands on the wheel, the "over than necessary steps prior to turning" etc... Thank God I took lessons or else I'd be the ones that have to take 5-6 times driving test... So don't let your pride of driving experience fail u in the exam...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations on the Japanese license. I'll have to make a trip back to Japan for a road trip...
Eu Jin said…
Congrats bro!! :D
snz said…
Hi Saiful. I adore that fat cat very much hehe. Nice snapshots u have there.. Fascinating indeed! =)

Popular Posts