Miyazaki and Kagoshima

Day 1 - Aoshima, southern coast of Miyazaki

Ahhh finally the exams are over... A little more freedom to relax and to refresh myself. I think I need to go around the country after 4 years stuck in Kansai. So well, decided to go to Miyazaki for some sightseeing and photography outing. Packed my 2nd wife and her accessories and cabut (scramble in Malay) to Miyazaki by ship...It's not a luxury liner or something but it is one of the cheapest and relatively comfortable way of getting there as bullet trains and aeroplanes are not for students.

Miyazaki Express : Return Ticket = 1 way by airplane

This was my 2nd time being on a big ship (does a hovercraft count ? if so make that 4th)...It wasn't that comfortable afterall. It's rather warm or hot, and stuffy. The vending machine was selling stuff a little expensive and regretfully not buying drinks and foodstuff before boarding the ship. But anyway, it's a ship, so prepare to be seasick.

Thankfully I was alright but I was kinda giddy when I got on land. Perhaps my biological gyrocompass is screwed and my balance is a little off. I couldn't sit still so I had to move around.

Firstly , I went to Aoshima which my friend told me it looks like a cake from the sky (that's what I was told). It's a little island with a Shinto Shrine in it and it seems it is a pretty famous tourist spot in Miyazaki.

Cake Looking Island ??

Photobucket

Beach off Aoshima

The rocks were pretty interesting photography subject so I decided to take a few snapshots before heading to the Island. Each one have unique patterns , all formed by waves hitting them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then there is a Shinto Shrine in there which is rather southern Japanese style architecture. Closer to Chinese style perhaps ?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Off we left Aoshima and there was a small flower park nearby. Although it is winter and snow falling all over Osaka, it is rather warm in Miyazaki. However, I had to put on 4 layers because strong winds make things cold. But it is not as bad as Osaka...

You would only see this in April...

Photobucket

Tulips !!

Photobucket

Then we took a drive further south of Miyazaki along the coastal roads and God, its just beautiful !!! I wish I could have my Honda S2000 and drive it down the road with the top open (but we took an old,small Toyota hatchback which spoils the enjoyment).

Photobucket

Then we reached the rocks somewhere along the way. Took a few pictures of myself and my Jordanian friend.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we moved on to another Shinto Shrine which is in a cave along the sea side cliffs. I forgot the name but its worth the visit.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we had to rush back to hotel for Asar (afternoon prayers) and thankfully we reached there in time. The rest of the time spent at my Jordanian friend's house busy looking at pictures we took. I got back to the hotel and slept like a log till the sun rises.


Day 2 - Aya, Marina, Seagaia, Heiwadai Park and shisha

2nd Day we went to Aya, which is famous of its suspension walking bridge in Aya National Park. It was rather scary for me at first because its been a long time I havent been on a bridge so high. But I got used to it later on in the day. The natural scenery of Aya is spectacular and thankfully it was sunny. Good to go out for a drive or a touring with friends.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we got down and went off to a lake nearby. It's just beautiful... Good for camping, and a swim. But since it is winter, forget it...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Its very tempting to swim into the lake...

Photobucket

Then we went to Aya castle, which is all wooden. My friend complaint that why nobody knows about Aya castle... Maybe the pre-Higashikokubaru governors are a lil hopeless to say.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We left for my friend's house for Dhuhr prayers (Noon prayers) and went out to the marina... It is rather desert like sands but darker. However it's worth taking a number of shots and if you're smart enough, you can fool that this is a desert.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we went to Phoenix Seagaia. To those who have read GTO, try read the part where Kanzaki was at the indoor swimming pool with Onizuka sensei. Maybe that would give you a hint.

Photobucket


However it is closed but its all not lost. We went up Sheraton Hotel and took a bird's eye view of Miyazaki coast when the sun is about to set.

Photobucket

It's just neverending...

We proceeded to Heiwadai park (Peace park) which was made of stones that were collected from all over the places that Japan had conquered in World War II. It was on top of a hill but not that many visitors where there... However its worth a visit

Photobucket

We got back to my friend's house and had a good round of shisha...

Day 3 - Kagoshima , Sakurajima, departure

Photobucket

Woke up early enough to have some free time and took a few pictures of downtown Miyazaki but not enough to take a full glance of the city.


We left for Kagoshima early in the morning and took a highway route. We stopped at a rest and recreation spot in Satsuma and saw my dream car - the new Nissan GTR... I just couldn't get my eyes off it. Yeah, hopefully one day will get it... I don't know when that day shall be...

We reached Kagoshima and proceeded straight to the harbour - to catch a ferry to Sakurajima... An active volcanic mountain nearby Kagoshima city.

I don't know who is this but worth taking perhaps ?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We took a ferry to Sakurajima and here is the picture of the volcanic mountain...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wish I could go back to Miyazaki and travel all over Kyushu by my own car... Expensive but it's always worth every yen to enjoy the nature.

Comments

Eu Jin said…
Bro, those are great shots and the place looks darn good. The rocks/coast area reminds me of the Eastern cost of Australia. Simply marvelous!!
Pike-chan said…
wow~! i didn't know japan got such beautiful landscape! really was a surprise and glad to know u r having a great time there.
Wasaski said…
Salaams! Once again thanks for the beautiful pictures of Japan makes me want to visit someday even more. I wish I had an excellent camera like yours too :) The rock formations are absolutely awe-inspiring and make you relish even more in the magnificent power of Almighty.
lufiasism said…
Eu Jin : Thanks for the comments, hopefully one day will try to make a trip to the East coast of Aussie for photoshoot... would be better if got a Skyline in the picture as well hehehe

Pikey : Well, there surely are lotsa nice places out there in Japan... one of it was Toi cape, famous for its wild horses and cliffs

Wasaski : Salams, thanks for visiting my blog again :) Sorry I didn't update it that often as I had exams and stuff like that. I wish I had more time and my own car here in Japan because it would make travel much easier. Just that, as a student... I just make use of what I have right now. Camera ? lol, its not perfect but it does the job. Planning to level up for a better camera body but will see how it goes.

Popular Posts